Your Heart is in Good Hands
Our comprehensive cardiac care program is designed by experts to aid in optimal recovery and promote education for improved health and quality of life.
The Sprenger Difference
Your journey through therapy at Sprenger will be unique and personalized from the moment you come through our doors to the moment you successfully graduate from our program.
The benefits of our cardiac rehabilitation program may include, but are not limited to:
- Sprenger-Employed Therapists Available 7 Days a Week
- Therapists, Nurses and Clinical Case Managers Communicate Closely with Your Primary Care Provider
- Nurse Practitioner Services Available
- Respiratory Therapy Services Available
- Telemetry Monitoring
- Respiratory Therapist Works in Conjunction with Therapists
- Discharge Planning Provided by Expert Staff
- Exercise, Nutrition and Lifestyle Counseling
- Complimentary Home Safety Evaluations are Conducted Prior to Discharge
- Patient, Family and Caregiver Education with Individualized Training
- Outpatient Therapy Available for Occupational, Physical, Speech, & Aquatic Therapy
- Staff is Prepared and Able to Attend Follow-Up Appointments
- Pain Management Available
Staff Training and Accreditation
Many of our nursing and therapy staff are specially trained and equipped with the tools necessary to exceed the standard of care, recognize changes in condition and report changes to our physicians. They work collaboratively to care for each patient and follow physician-instructed protocols and directives.
National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification
Many of our therapists have been certified through the National Stroke Association allowing them to be better equipped to recognize stroke symptoms, assess the severity of a stroke, predict patient outcomes, and identify appropriate treatment options to provide optimal patient care.
Exceeding the Standard
The comfort and care of our patients is of the utmost importance. That is why we partner with experts to provide optimal programming.
Heart Healthy Program
In partnership with North Ohio Heart (NOH), Sprenger Health Care strives to provide advanced treatments for a safe return to your previous level of activity, while emphasizing patient and family education. We are dedicated to optimizing successful management of cardiac needs upon discharge.
How can you benefit from our Heart Healthy Program?
- Program Developed through the Expert Guidance of NOH & Dr. John W. Schaeffer, M.D., F.A.C.C.
- Weekly Rounds Performed by a Certified Nurse Practitioner from NOH
- Telemetry Available In-House to Monitor any Changes in your Rhythm
- Heart-Healthy Meals Developed by our In-House Registered Dietitian
- Resident and Staff Education Routinely Provided