Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation
Compassionate Care Provided Within a Home-Like Setting
Skilled nursing is high-level care, such as therapy, wound dressings, tube feeding and other treatments that can only be provided by trained individuals, including nurses and therapists. Sprenger’s skilled nursing communities make you feel at home, while caring, compassionate staff provide around-the-clock care with an interdisciplinary team approach for your comfort and security.
Individualized Care Planning. 24-Hour Care.
With carefully designed units, our skilled staff are never far from reach. Our compassionate staff are available and willing to help residents with personal care, special diets, medications, and treatments around the clock.
In addition, each treatment plan is as unique as the individual. A care coordination meeting is scheduled for each resident upon admission to discuss individual plans of care and goals.
Other efforts made to individualize each resident’s care typically include, but are not limited to:
- A personalized evaluation by a physician prior to the creation of a care plan
- Assistance and explanation of insurance benefits and certifications by highly trained case managers and business office staff
- An evaluation by Therapy to assess mobility, function, speech and cognitive needs
- An interview with our Life Enrichment team to help tailor activities around individual capabilities
Comfortable Living Spaces
Our facilities are designed to provide the comforts of home.
Sprenger Health Care communities offer spacious living quarters with open access to common areas and facility amenities.
Some accommodations found within many of our skilled nursing rooms may include:
- Flat screen televisions
- Cable Access
- Serene views of the campus grounds
- Access to campus Wifi
- Safety-equipped bathrooms
Life Enrichment Activities
Our communities provide a balanced schedule of social, cognitive, spiritual and physical activities.
At Sprenger Health XCare, we call our Activity Coordinators “Life Enrichment Directors”, because they are passionate about their careers and are focused on enriching the lives of our guests. They work long and hard to develop an activities calendar that is tailored to capture the interests and capabilities of each current resident. Among arranging the many daily activities provided within our facility, Life Enrichment Directors plan outside excursions, social events and other celebrations.
We strive to keep our residents physically and socially active through our campus offerings and amenities.
Some amenities include:
- Spacious Bedrooms with Safety-Equipped Bathrooms
- Campus Libraries
- Billiard Tables and Game Rooms
- Cafes Stocked with Coffee, Tea and Other Snacks
- Social Happy Hour Pubs
- Putting Green and Outdoor Courtyards
- Flat Screen Televisions and Cable Access
- Scheduled Transportation
- Reservable Private Dining Rooms
- Salon and Barber Services
- Chef-Designed Meals
- After-Hours Menu
- Life Enrichment Activity Calendars
- Access to Campus Wifi
Our residents’ health is of the utmost importance. That is why Sprenger Health Care partners with medical experts to provide specialized programming.
Our staff works in partnership with various organizations, specialized physicians, and area hospitals to provide optimal care to our residents.
Residents benefit from:
- Individualized Physician and Nurse Practitioner visits to check on progress
- Programs specially designed to improve conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Fragility Fractures, and Osteoporosis
- Specialists who participate in the creation of individualized care plans
- Support groups that meet regularly
- Educational forums presented by highly-esteemed doctors
Sprenger Health Care is currently partnered with the following organizations/programs:
- OhioHealth’s Delay the Disease™
- Music and Memory™
And Many More…
According to many recent research studies, pet therapy has a significant impact on successful rehabilitation and overall wellness.
Sprenger Health Care communities don’t only offer the opportunity for therapy pets to visit—we encourage it!
If you have a certified therapy pet and would like to schedule a single visit or routine visits, please fill out our contact us form for more information.