Reclaim Independence and Move Forward Confidently
Our amputee rehabilitation program provides customized care plans developed by medical experts to treat and manage diabetes and vascular conditions.
The Sprenger Difference
Your journey through therapy at Sprenger will be unique and personalized from the moment you come through our doors to the moment you successfully graduate from our program.
The benefits of our amputee rehabilitation program may include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive Care Plans Created in Collaboration with a Vascular surgeon, Endocrinologist, Wound Specialist, Dietitician, and Pain Management Physicians
- Pre-Prosthetic and Progression of Prosthetic Training
- Partnership with Local Support Groups
- Patient, Family and Caregiver Education with Individualized Training
- Discharge Planning Provided by Expert Staff
- Complimentary Home Safety Evaluations are Conducted Prior to Discharge
- In-House Dietician Provides Guidance for Meal Planning, Specific to Each Diagnosis
- Outpatient Therapy Available for Occupational, Physical, Speech, & Aquatic Therapy
- Exercise, Nutrition and Lifestyle Training Offered
- Pain Management Available
At the facilities offering reclaim, staff undergo specialized training, which may include:
Extensive, formalized training with a Lead Amputee Therapist who has many years of experience of working directly with amputee patients. The staff works in partnership with a vascular surgeon, endocrinologist, wound specialist, and pain management physician to develop a series of clinical systems and are trained to follow protocols and directives.
In-house, registered dietitian available to review meal plans and provide simple and affordable diet options, specific to each diagnosis.
A wound specialist is often available to visit patients and help manage wound healing and diabetic skin conditions to promote enhanced skin integrity.
Exceeding the Standard
Weekly Support Groups
Sprenger encourages patients to seek support & connect with others who have experienced a similar life journey. Our amputee support group meets weekly at Autumn Aegis Retirement Community. Please contact 440-989-5395 for more information or to RSVP. For a list of current meetings, visit our events page.
Community Reintegration Program
Our therapists take patients on community outings, which include trips to church, restaurants and shopping venues to ensure they are able to perform these tasks independently before graduation from their therapy regimen.
Home Safety Assessments
It is our pleasure to evaluate the safety of your residence before your graduation from our therapy department.
This complimentary, comprehensive assessment is performed by our therapy team who may identify any modifications and repairs necessary to ensure a safe living environment. Our goal is to reduce, or ultimately prevent, accidents upon your return home.
Therapists may also evaluate the need for adaptive equipment to help in areas of concern or recommend community support services that can provide further assistance.